- Kilmer Middle School in Virginia has banned physical contact of any kind between students.
- I actually AGREE with Al Gore...well, sort of.
- Salman Rushdie has been granted knighthood by Britain. Oh, where is the Ayatollah when you need him?
- An 8-foot alligator was removed from the basement of a home in Buffalo.
- Seriously...can't Castro just kick off already?
This day in history:
- 1812: The U.S. declares war on Great Britain.
- 1815: The Battle of Waterloo.
- 1940: Winston Churchill's "finest hour" speech.
- The Baltimore Orioles have fired manager Sam Perlozzo.
- The Evil Empire is considering reaching its tentacles to the West Coast to acquire Shea Hillenbrand.
- The Wings have two months to to exercise their 20 year option on Joe Louis Arena.
- Baseball tonight: Tigers (39-29) @ Nationals (30-39); Mike Maroth (4-2, 4.91 ERA) vs. Matt Chico (3-4, 4.66 ERA).