- Germany has banned filmmakers from shooting scenes at German military sites...not because the movie is about Hitler, but because it stars Tom Cruise.
- This is just creepy....giant five-foot tall penguins once roamed Peru.
- In a case of justice being served, a dumbass judge's demand for $54 million in damages for a ruined pair of pants at a drycleaner's has been thrown out.
- A beer run in Wisconsin...literally.
This day in history:
- 1947: The Diary of Anne Frank is published.
- 1950: The Korean War begins with the North invading the South.
- 1996: The Khobar Towers bombing leaves 19 U.S. serviceman dead in Saudi Arabia.
- Happy Birthday: Doug Gilmour (44), Dikembe Mutombo (41), Carlos Delgado (35).
- MLB rumors & news: Buehrle to Brewers?; Blue Jays shopping Glaus; Angels still interested in Dunn
- NBA rumors & news: Nuggets and Pacers talking trade; Suns still interested in KG; Nets will resign Vince, go after Randolph;
- The Chicago Bears released troubled DT Tank Johnson.
- Baseball Tonight (The Home Sweet Home Edition): Rangers (30-45) @ Tigers (45-29); Kameron Loe (3-6, 6.34 ERA) vs. Jeremy Bonderman (8-0, 4.01 ERA).