- A French official suggested that President Bush was behind the 9/11 attacks. Um, yeah...the French are idiots.
- The Apprentice hasn't been fired from NBC...yet.
- Happy Anniversary, Roswell conspiracy!
- A black bear in California scaled a 100-foot power pole, stopping traffic.
This day in history:
- 1776: The Declaration of Independence was read aloud in Philadelphia.
- 1947: Reports are broadcast that a UFO has crash landed in Roswell, New Mexico. (See ab ove)
- 1982: Assassination attempt on Saddam Hussein. Too bad they missed.
- 1990: German national football team wins the 1990 FIFA World Cup in Italy against Argentina.
Sports (All Tigers):
- Slightly outdated, but Tigers' infielder Neifi Perez was suspended 25 games for using banned stimulants.
- Placido Polanco is out of today's lineup vs. Boston after injuring himself last night.
- The Tigers are one of five teams that have contacted Texas about Eric Gagne and Akinori Otsuka.
- Marcus Thames and Curtis Granderson own my soul. I'll hopefully be dedicating a blog post entirely to those two later today.