- Cindy Sheehan is considering running against Nancy Pelosi in 2008. Um...that's sort of like when Notre Dame and Ohio State played in the Fiesta Bowl a couple years ago. I don't want either to win, I just kind of want some disaster to wipe them both off the face of the earth.
- The Hell Family is engaged in a struggle with a Catholic school in Australia. LOL.
- The Chinese have been invaded by mice.
- Silly Aussies: An Australian company is seeking live testers for their condom products.
This day in history:
- 1850: Zachary Taylor dies 16 months after becoming the 12th President of the United States.
- 1918: The worst rail accident in U.S. history occurs, killing 101 and injuring 171 in Nashville.
- 1995: The Grateful Dead perform their last live concert of their 30 year career in Chicago.
- Happy Birthday: Bon Scott (died 1980), Chris Cooper (56), Tom Hanks (51), Trent Green (37)
- Dan Haren and Jake Peavy will be the starting pitchers in the All-Star Game tomorrow night.
- Jim Leyland - the manager for the AL in the All-Star Game - put Magglio Ordonez, Ivan Rodriguez and Placido Polanco - his players with the Tigers - at the bottom of the AL batting order. His reasoning? '"I put all of the Tigers down in the order so no one would say I was favoring the Tigers,' Leyland said."
- The Red Wings have signed 38-year old forward Dallas Drake to a one-year, $550,000 contract.
- Tonight: Home Run Derby, ESPN, 8 PM EST. Lets hope for some splash hits.