This will be this week's GBU, since the entire game revolved around #20 (I'm considering making this the main "recap" thingie anyway and just providing other thoughts after the charting goodness. Or maybe I'll expand into something else. I dunno yet. Ideas?) It is a mini-version of Brian's excellently done UFRs. In this case, all I do is chart, to the best of my ability, Mike Hart and the offensive line, and like Brian does for essentially everything, I tally up the positives and negatives to see the end result. On a side note, I have a newfound appreciation for Brian and the UFRs. I lost my mind just tracking #20 and the big guys up front; he does the entire game, offense and defense, and is to be sent 73 virgins as thanks.
So without further adieu...the first Hart Chart.
|1||left||1-10||1||Long, Moundros||Schilling, Boren|
|4||right||1-10||-3||-||Schilling, Boren, Massey|
|5||left||1-10||13||Long, Arrington, Kraus||-|
|6||right||1-10||0||-||Kraus, Boren, Mitchell|
|7||middle||2-10||8||Long, Moundros, Mitchell, Kraus||-|
|8||left||3-2||6||Butler, Kraus, Long||-|
|9||left||1-10||4||Long, Mitchell, Kraus||Schilling|
|11||left||1-10||9||Long, Boren, Butler, Schilling||-|
|12||left||2-1||4||Long, Kraus, Massey, Mitchell||Boren, Butler|
|13||middle||2-11||11||Massey, Moundros, Long||-|
|14||left||1-10||9||Massey, Long, Kraus, Ciulla||Boren, Butler|
|15||left||1-G||-3||-||Massey, Arrington, Long, Kraus, Boren|
|16||middle||1-10||-1||-||Schilling, Boren, Long, Massey|
|18||middle||1-10||7||Massey, Schilling, Mitchell, Boren||-|
|20||left||2-1||4||Kraus, Mitchell, McAvoy, Schilling||Moundros|
|21||right||1-10||-3||McAvoy, Schilling||Massey, Boren|
|22||left||1-10||-2||-||Moundros, Kraus, Massey|
|24||left||1-10||3||Moundros, Long, Kraus||Massey, McAvoy|
|26||left||1-10||3||Moundros, Long, Massey||McAvoy, Schilling|
|28||middle||1-10||7||Massey, Schilling, McAvoy, Kraus||-|
|29||middle||2-10||9||Schilling, McAvoy, Kraus, Massey||-|
|30||left||3-1||9||Massey, Long, Moundros||Kraus, Boren, Schilling, McAvoy|
|31||left||1-10||8||Long, Kraus, McAvoy, Schilling||Boren|
|32||left||2-2||-3||-||Long, Kraus, Boren, Schilling|
|36||right||2-G||1-TD||Butler, McAvoy, Boren, Kraus||-|
Chart stops after Hart's TD, as all carries after that were not intended to actually gain yardage, but eat the clock up.
Notes to know:
- Numbers in the Carries column (the first one) that are underlined indicate Mike's final carry of the drive.
- The Yay and Nay columns reflect the player's affect on the ultimate result of the play. Hence, if the play was zone left, Schilling was blown up, but his guy did not ultimately affect the play, Schilling is not put in the Nay column. On the other hand, if it was zone right and Big Jake steamrolled his guy, Jake would probably not get in the Yay column unless it somehow helped Mike on the carry.
- General criteria includes getting blown off the ball, pushed back and disrupting the play, missing a block or assignment, tripping and falling, general ineffectiveness, etc.
Left: 22 carries, 92 yards
Middle: 8 carries, 38 yards
Right: 6 carries, -4 yards, TD
- I may need to divert some of my mancrush onto Jake Long.
- Schilling isn't nearly as bad as this game indicates.
- I don't think Justin Boren is, either...but he had a very, very tough time out there.
- Why is Mike Massey starting? Or even seeing significant time?
- I'm still not sold on Moundros. I long for the days of Aaron Shea and B.J. Askew, when the fullback was actually a part of the offense. Moundros is just kind of...wild. He doesn't seem to knowingly block, he just kind of throws himself around. But it's not to the point where it's a hinderance...yet.
Or we could just zone left 40 times a game. Whichever.