ABC incorrectly presents Long-Kraus-Boren-Schilling-Ortmann as the starting O-Line; it is actually Long-Kraus-Boren-Ciulla-Schilling, although it doesn't remain that way.
Anyway, here's the Hart Chart, minus the Hart.
|Brown||1||left||1-10||-3||-||Long, Kraus, Boren|
|Brown||2||right||2-13||4||Schilling, Ciulla, Boren||Long|
|Brown||3-4||left*||1-10||3||Long, Kraus||Schilling, Butler|
|Brown||4-5||left||1-10||7||McLaurin, Long, Kraus||-|
|Brown||5-6||right||1-10 (FM)||4||Schilling, Boren||-|
|Minor||3-13||middle||1-10||11||Kraus, Butler, Boren||-|
|Brown||11-16||left||1-10 (FM)||0||-||Schilling, Ciulla|
|Minor||7-26||left||1-10||0||-||Butler, Boren, Schilling|
|Minor||9-32||left||3-1||-2||-||Long, Ciulla, Boren|
Notes to know:
- All carries except the first two obviously are hyphenated with two separate numbers. Number on the left indicates number of carries for specified running back; number on the right indicates total number of carries between the two.
- Carry 3: Designed to the left, cutback to the middle. Carry is allocated to the left in By the Numbers, yards allocated to the middle.
- Carries 5 and 11: "FM" = facemask on the play.
- Carry 14: Boren and Kraus are flipped at the LG and C positions and remain that way for the balance of the game. Separate charting below will analyze how they performed.
- Carry 29 (#8 for Minor): The "WTF" will be explained in the analysis after the overall chart.
Brown Left: 17 carries, 52 yards
Brown Middle: 3 carries, 16 yards
Brown Right: 5 carries, 45 yards
Brown Total: 25 carries, 113 yards
Minor Left: 5 carries, 12 yards
Minor Middle: 3 carries, 4 yards
Minor Right: 1 carry, 2 yards
Minor Total: 9 carries, 18 yards
Overall Left: 22 carries, 64 yards
Overall Middle: 6 carries, 20 yards
Overall Right: 6 carries, 47 yards
Overall Total: 34 carries, 131 yards
- So apparently Jake Long IS human.
- Boren botched two more snaps at Center, one with Henne and one with Mallett. The turnover on the fumbled snap when Kraus was at Center was 100% on Mallett. There was really no noticeable difference after the switch; at least in run blocking.
- The "WTF" on Carry #29: Um...it looks like a zone read. If Chad Henne ever runs the zone read play out of the shotgun again, Lloyd Carr and Mike DeBord should be institutionalized ASAP. I'm not kidding. Zone read?! Are you serious? GTFO with that garbage.
- +12 would normally be a "meh" performance, but considering it was in hostile "Muck Fichigan" territory at night and our Messiah Number Twenty was on the sideline in street clothes, it's acceptable.
- First down run-to-pass ratio this week was 23:11, 67.6%. That includes the botched snaps, and does not include the kneel down on 1st down at the end of the game. 67.6 is an ugly number, but understandable I guess with Mallett seeing significant time.
- I am of the opinion that Mike Hart and, if possible, Chad Henne, should BOTH play on Saturday against Minnesota. Aside from the fact that no game can be taken for granted, I don't like the idea of them possibly being rusty headed into East Lansing next weekend; Hart especially. I don't question his work ethic or focus in the least, but two weeks without any contact just doesn't sit well. That's just me though. My guess: Hart plays (perhaps sparingly, 15-20 carries for the game, and he starts), Henne doesn't.