Never did get to transfer the game to a DVD, but this is the advantage of staying up late: Complete control of the TV in the living room.
Soooo, Hart Chart:
|1||right||1-10||1||Kraus, Schilling, Ortmann, McLaurin||Boren|
|2||left||2-4||6||Long, Kraus, Schilling||-|
|3||left||1-G||3||Long, Kraus, Boren, Ortmann||Butler, McLaurin|
|5||left||1-10||20||Butler, Long, Schilling||Kraus|
|6||middle||2-5||14||Boren, Ortmann, Moundros||Schilling|
|7||right||1-10||6||Butler, Ortmann, Kraus||Schilling, Boren|
|9||right||1-10||15||Schilling, Long, Moundros||Boren|
|10||left||1-10||11||Long, Kraus, Moundros||-|
|11||right||1-10||-1||-||Schilling, Boren, Moundros|
|13||left||2-6||12||Hemingway, Long, Moundros||-|
|14||left||1-G||4-TD||Hemingway, Long, Moundros, Butler||-|
|16||middle||2-5||7||Kraus, Schilling, Ortmann*||Boren, Butler|
|17||middle||1-10||1||-||Schilling, Butler, Moundros|
|19||left||1-10||24-TD||Butler, Long, Kraus||Boren, Schilling|
|20||middle||1-10||61||Criswell, Butler, Kraus, Schilling||-|
Sweet; 22 carries for 215 yards and 3 TDs = Mike gets the 4th quarter off = easy time Hart Charting.
Notes to know:
- Carry 16: Blatant holding by Ortmann not called; It's only cheating if you get caught. Yay on the play.
- Carry 18: Designed to the left, cutback to the right. Like last week, carry is designated in the left, yards allocated to the right.
- New O-line alignment: Long-Kraus-Boren-Schilling-Ortmann (Schilling moved in to RG).
Left: 11 carries, 85 yards, 2 TDs
Middle: 6 carries, 101 yards, TD
Right: 5 carries, 29 yards
- A predictably dominant performance, considering Hart's numbers.
- Jake Long for Outland.
- Justin Boren...sigh. Even against a lower-tier MAC team, he was getting blown back off the ball. It's either a flaw in his technique, which I would HOPE the coaches would've noticed, or he just needs to bulk up. Hit the weight room, son!
- Interesting, moving Schilling in to RG and putting Ortmann at RT. Both were positives (side note: Remember this is a Hart Chart, so only run blocking is taken into consideration. Schilling was below average in pass protection in this game and nearly got Henne killed at one point). McAvoy is listed as the RG starter for Purdue, with Schilling back at RT. I'd like to see Ortmann against a better opponent, to gauge his effectiveness.
- By my count (including runs not by Mike, extended handoffs, and the garbage time 4th quarter), Michigan ran the ball 23 out of 31 times on first down, about 74%. What's that called again? Oh yeah: "Rock. Rock. Definitely rock."