Friday, April 11, 2008

The Frozen Four

This recap surely won't hold a candle to that of Yost Built, but I just wanted to say a few things about last night's hockey game.

First, I don't need to tell anyone how awful the first period was. To get down three goals is just inexcusable, especially in a game of so much importance. Sauer was awful in net after an outstanding year, and the team just looked lackadaisical out there until the second period. After that it was a good hockey game, and when they managed to tie it up, I really thought they were going to win. Even when they got down 4-3, they caught a nice break with the backhander off Pearce's skate.

Second, I just think that Notre Dame wanted to win more. They didn't let the loss of a three goal lead get to them, and despite Michigan obviously being the superior team, they stuck with it and won. As much as it pains me to say it, they deserved it. They came out in OT and simply played better than us, and well... there you go.

I guess I can't say that I'm too disappointed, though... they had a good year and a single elimination hockey tournament is hell to go through, but I was hoping for a lot more.

If only the loss hadn't been to Notre Dame.

No comments: