Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Stop me if you heard this one before.

MLive: Manningham admits to marijuana use at Michigan

In a letter sent to NFL team officials, former University of Michigan wide receiver Mario Manningham admitted testing positive for using marijuana twice during his college career, according to a report Tuesday by ProFootballWeeky.com.

Manningham, who left Michigan after his junior season to enter this month's NFL Draft, initially denied testing positive when asked about past drug use at February's NFL Scouting Combine, according to the Web site. But the receiver changed his stance in the letter.

"I don't use marijuana anymore - and I have passed tests since," Manningham wrote. "I know what is at stake for me, and my career. I am learning what it is going to take to be a professional. I am writing this letter because I just want a fair evaluation, and I want to be accountable for my actions. I am willing to be re-interviewed, re-tested, and to undergo any evaluation any team wants me to undergo."

Manningham led the Wolverines last season with 72 catches for 1,172 yards and 12 touchdowns. In his letter, Manningham wrote that he was suspended for the 2007 Eastern Michigan game "due to Coach (Lloyd) Carr's determination that I was lacking in focus."

ProFootballWeekly.com also reported that Manningham and former Kansas cornerback Aqib Talib - another early entry player with first-round NFL Draft ability - have been pulled from the "draft boards of multiple NFL teams because of character concerns."


Show of hands, who's actually surprised by this?

Bueller? Bueller??

Didn't think so. Only thing left for us to do is to amusingly look back at the past three seasons and try to guess what games Mario played in while he was blazed. Who wants to go first?

No comments: