- There is a new World's Ugliest Dog.
- A black lab in Idaho drove its owner's car into a river.
- A woman in North Carolina has married a man on death row. ...I've gotta say it: Til death do they part.
- According to a survey in London, young Britons would rather give up sex than give up their mobile phones. See, this is why I don't trust the Europeans. It's not political, it's common sense.
- A man in West Virginia bit off part of another man's nose in a fight.
This day in history:
- 1972: President Nixon and White House Chief of Staff H.R. Haldeman are taped talking about using the CIA to obstruct the FBI's investigation of the Watergate break-in. On a related note, I am considering changing my official title to "B.L. Kudron".
- 1993: I can't bring myself to actually type out the words, so I'll just link it: Lorena Bobbitt.
- Happy Birthday: Felix Potvin (36), Zinedine Zidane (35), LaDainian Tomlinson (28).
- Braves come up snake eyes vs. Gambler: Kenny Rogers was brilliant in his season debut last night vs. Atlanta.
- Reigning American League MVP Justin Morneau of Minnesota went to the hospital last night in Miami after suffering a bruised lung in a collision at home plate vs. the Marlins.
- The Kansas City Royals have voided the trade that brought Milton Bradley (yes that's his name) to KC, due to injury Hey, guess what Royals? That's the same reason Oakland dumped him.
- Baseball Today: Tigers (43-29) @ Braves (38-36); Justin Verlander (8-2, 2.90 ERA) vs. Kyle Davies (3-6, 5.65 ERA).