Sunday, May 25, 2008

Good Times, Bad Times.

Detroit 4, Pittsburgh 0; Stanley Cup Finals, 1-0

Boston 94, Detroit 80; Eastern Finals, 1-2

Not much to say, really. The Red Wings, despite getting hosed on another BS interference call on Holmstrom, curb stomped Pittsburgh in Game 1, while the Pistons performed another goddamn vanishing act. I hate to make it sound like I'm taking credit away from Boston...but the Pistons ghosted it in the first half, and it was plainly obvious, and there's no fucking excuse for it. Chauncey Billups, 1-6, 6 points, 4 assists. Tayshaun Prince, 2-11, 4 points. Rasheed Wallace, 12 points on 13 shots. As a team, 1-13 from three point range. Outrebounded 44-28. And yet I'm sure in the next two days we'll be treated to more "we'll be alright" and "ain't nobody here nervous" quotes.

Let me put it this way, in simple terms: I'm not angry about the Cup Finals and Eastern Finals being on at the same time for the next two games anymore. I'm happy. Because my decision of which team to watch was made infinitely easier tonight.

No comments: